Everyone wants clear, youthful skin. Unfortunately, we are not all born with these qualities. Even if you were born with perfect skin, aging and sun damage can change its texture and appearance over time. If you are not satisfied with the appearance of your skin, you may wonder if there is anything you can do to change it. Photorejuvenation is one viable option that will allow you to remove imperfections from your skin and get the look you want with minimal side effects and downtime.
What is photorejuvenation?
Photorejuvenation is a popular type of skin therapy that uses light to improve the appearance of the skin. This type of therapy can be used for a variety of purposes, including:
- Reducing the appearance of pores
- Getting rid of acne scars
- Eliminating signs of sun damage
- Improving redness and brown spots
- Reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Treating spider veins or broken capillaries
- Minimizing the appearance of freckles
- Reducing the appearance of stretch marks
This treatment has been available for about a decade, and it provides effective results with very little risk.
What to expect
The majority of people will need more than one photorejuvenation treatment to achieve their desired results. In general, treatments should be spaced a few weeks apart. Most patients will be able to get the results they want with little to no downtime. Keep in mind that brown spots and freckles may initially darken before disappearing.
Benefits of photorejuvenation
Photorejuvenation offers many benefits that make it an ideal treatment for most people who want to improve the appearance of their skin without undergoing more invasive treatments. Some of the specific benefits of photorejuvenation include:
- No need to worry about hiding from the public eye or recovering after the procedure
- The ability to improve the appearance of virtually any part of the body
- Long-lasting, noticeable results that will make you proud of your skin
Photorejuvenation is appropriate for many clients, but it is not the best option for everyone. If your skin is very tan or dark, you may not benefit as much from photorejuvenation as someone with lighter skin. If you aren't sure whether photorejuvenation is right for you, contact an experienced physician today to discuss your needs.
Hamptons Medical Associates is proud to provide photorejuvenation, along with other cosmetic treatments. Please call our office today to book an appointment. You can also request an appointment with our team online.